Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff
Tanguy Le Gouellec de Schwarz
Tanguy Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz is a dual-qualified lawyer (French and English law) who focuses on the resolution of insurance and reinsurance disputes, both in the UK and French courts, and also advises clients on insurance and reinsurance regulatory and commercial matters.
Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz has acted for clients across a wide range of industries, from aviation to financial institutions to energy. His degree in aerospace engineering proved invaluable when acting for aviation insurers with respect to litigation involving plane crashes, property damage, and reinsurance claims. ¬†Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz also represents clients concerning disputes related to product liability, financial institutions (FI), errors and omissions (E&O), and property/first-party insurance (including subrogation) at both the insurance and reinsurance levels. Further, he advises on coverage issues (both on English and French law) with respect to facultative and treaty reinsurance, product liability, E&O, FI, directors and officers (D&O), and property policies.
In the regulatory and commercial fields of insurance and reinsurance,¬† ¬†Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz regularly¬† ¬†advises clients concerning portfolio transfers, as well as cross-border discrete regulatory issues.
Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz has acted in the largest reinsurance litigation in ¬†France, ¬†and ¬†on ¬†numerous ¬†reinsurance arbitrations¬† ¬†(both¬†¬† ¬†facultative¬†¬† ¬†and¬†¬† ¬†treaty).¬† He also¬†¬† ¬†has¬†¬† ¬†experience ¬† in¬†¬† ¬†asbestos-related¬†¬† ¬†issues at ¬†both ¬†the ¬†insurance ¬†and ¬†reinsurance ¬†levels ¬†and ¬†is ¬†a ¬†member¬† ¬†of¬† ¬†the¬† ¬†Insurance¬† ¬†and¬† ¬†Reinsurance Legacy Association.
Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz ¬†earned ¬†his B.S. degree from Syracuse University, cum laude, in 1994, and his¬†J.D. degree from The College of Law, London, Common Professional Examination and Legal Practice Course, 1994.
Mr. ¬†Le ¬†Gou√ęllec ¬†de ¬†Schwarz ¬†is ¬†authorized ¬†to¬†practice ¬†law ¬†as ¬†a ¬†Solicitor ¬†of ¬†the ¬†Superior ¬†Court¬†of ¬†England ¬†and ¬†Wales, ¬†and ¬†is ¬†a ¬†Qualified¬†French ¬†lawyer.
Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz is a member of the Insurance and Reinsurance Legacy Association (IRLA): Membership and Communication Committee, the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC), Association de Professionnels de la R√©assurance en France (APREF): Run-Off Committee, The French Club: Social Chairman, and The Aviation Club of the UK.
- Mr. Le Gou√ęllec de Schwarz is¬†Quoted in, ‚ÄúThe Insurance Act: Will UK Insurance Industry Lose its Competitive Edge?‚ÄĚ Intelligent Insurer, February 23, 2016.
- Author, ‚ÄúLoss Mitigation Lessons: Avoiding Unwanted Surprises Across Jurisdictions,‚ÄĚ¬†Insurance Day, November 27, 2015
- Author, ‚ÄúNew EU Cyber Risk Regulation to Be in Place by 2015,‚ÄĚ Reinsurance, September 2013
- Author, ‚ÄúSinging From Different Hymn Sheets,‚ÄĚ Global Reinsurance, Autumn 2013
- Quoted in ‚ÄúNew EU Laws to Heighten Cyber Risk Exposure,‚ÄĚ Reactions, August 21, 2013
- Co-Author, ‚ÄúEmergence of Travel Disruption¬†2012¬†Insurance Addresses Supply Chain Concern,‚ÄĚ ¬†Insurance ¬†Day, ¬†September ¬†26,