Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff
Traci M. Ribeiro
Traci M. Ribeiro is an attorney based in the Chicago office who concentrates her practice on representing insurers in insurance coverage matters including bad faith. Ms. Ribeiro has prevailed in litigation for clients on significant matters in state and federal courts, as well as in mediations, arbitrations and other settlement contexts. Ms. Ribeiro is recognized widely for her skills at the intersection of complex insurance coverage issues andÂ business risk assessment. She is often invited to present in-house or at professional organizations.
Ms. Ribeiro earned her B.A. degree from Hofstra University and her J.D. degree from Washington College of Law at American University.
Ms. Ribeiro is authorized to practice law in Arizona, Illinois, New York, and Pennsylvania.
- Chiquita Brands Intâ€™l, Inc. v. Natâ€™l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa., No. C-140492 (Ohio Ct. App. Dec. 30, 2015) (Judgment of $13M awarding reimbursement of defense costs and prejudgment interest affirmed.)
- Steel Supply & Engâ€™g Co. v. Ill. Natâ€™l Ins. Co., No. 14â€“2216, 2015 WL 4758176, 620 F. Appâ€™x 442 (6th Cir. Aug. 13, 2015) (Motion for summary judgment affirmed.)
- Cell-Crete Corp. v. Lexington Ins. Co., 2015 WL 4223849 (C.D. Cal.) (Motion for judgment on the pleadings granted, motion for summary judgment granted, appeal dismissed.)
- Chiquita Brands Intâ€™l, Inc. v. Natâ€™l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa. (2013) (Advised client there was no coverage for allegations of negligence that arose out of payments to terrorist organizations, and coverage position affirmed by Ohio appellate court.)
- HRB Tax Group, Inc., et al. v. Natâ€™l Union Fire Ins. Co. of Pittsburgh, Pa., 2012 WL 4363723 (W.D. Mo.) (Motion to dismiss insurer granted.)
- FHP Tectonics Corp. v. American Home Assurance Co., No. 10-CH-55239 (Cook Cty. Cir. 2012) (Motion to dismiss granted, motion for reconsideration denied, appeal denied.)
- American Steel & Stairways v. Lexington Ins. Co., 2012 WL 4097711 (N.D. Cal.) (Motion to dismiss claims administrator granted.)
- Turner Construction Co. v. Commerce & Industry Ins. Co., et al., No. 11-CH-674 (Cook Cty. Cir. 2011) (Motion to dismiss insurer granted.)
- Regency Skyport LLP v. Chartis Specialty Ins. Co., 2011-cv-207895 (Cal. Super. Ct.) (Demurrer to breach of contract and bad faith claims sustained.)
- Millers Mutual Ins. Co. v. Gambone Brothers Dev. Co. (2007) (Advised client that there was no coverage for construction defect claims and coverage opinion affirmed by Pennsylvania Superior Court.)
- J.D. Pickens (Estate of Jeanette Sherman) v. Underground Storage Tank Indemnification Board, 890 A.2d 1117 (Pa. Comwlth. 2006) (Order of the Board adopting presiding officerâ€™s report affirmed.)
- â€śCoverage Issues Arising From Policies With Limited Risk Transfer,â€ť DRI Insurance
Coverage and Practice Symposium (December 4, 2015)
- â€śConstruction Defect Coverage Litigation â€” Where Are We Now and Whatâ€™s
Next?â€ť Sedgwickâ€™s Chicago Seminar Series (October 5, 2011)