Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff PC, a fast-paced insurance defense litigation law firm, has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist with at least 3+ years of experience for our downtown Chicago office.
Major responsibilities include processing of both Firm and client invoices using the Firm’s Juris system in a full-cycle accounts payable role. Duties include reviewing all invoices for appropriate documents and approval prior to payment, processing check requests, uploading invoices, reconciliation of monthly credit card statement, completing check runs, 1099 maintenance, responding to all vendor inquiries, reconciling vendor statements including researching and correcting discrepancies, maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with Firm policy and accepted accounting practices, and assisting with other duties as required.
- Minimum 3+ years’ accounts payable experience (law firm experience a plus)
- Knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures
- Understanding of coding and the financial chart of accounts
- Laser-focused attention to detail and proofreading
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment to meet strict time deadlines
- Dependable team player capable of working with minimal supervision
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
Compensation will be set based upon level of experience with the opportunity for annual bonuses. In addition to base compensation, this position is eligible to participate in the Firm’s benefits package which includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, pet insurance, 401(k) with discretionary profit-sharing, Employee Assistance Program, transit benefit program, subsidized gym membership, and enrollment without any premiums in short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to email@example.com.
* * * *
Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to recruit, hire, and promote for all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, or veteran status. All staffing decisions are based solely on the qualifications of each individual. We do not discriminate in working conditions or privileges of employment, including transfer, compensation, termination, training, and promotion.
Job Type: Full-time