Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff PC is a fast-paced insurance defense litigation law firm with an immediate opening for a legal assistant in our downtown Chicago office.
The ideal candidate for this position has specific knowledge of e-filing procedures in state and federal court.
- Preparation of court documents for e-filing
- Significant calendar maintenance
- Transcription and revision of legal documents
- Case file organization including downloading and storing documents in iManage, a cloud-based document management system
- Coordination of attorney travel
- Submission of attorney expenses
- Deposition scheduling
- Routine clerical duties such as copying, faxing, scanning and mailing
This position is full-time, 35 hours/week, Monday through Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, with a one-hour unpaid daily lunch period.
Compensation is based upon level of experience. In addition to base compensation, this position is eligible to participate in the firm's benefit's package which includes health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with discretionary profit-sharing and enrollment without any premiums in short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance coverage.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience as a legal assistant, preferably in insurance defense litigation, supporting 5 attorneys
- Specific knowledge of e-filing procedures in State and Federal Court
- Laser-focused attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to meet strict deadlines
- Dependable team player capable of working with minimal supervision
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter along with salary requirements to email@example.com.