Foran Glennon Palandech Ponzi & Rudloff PC, an international firm with ten offices, has an immediate opening for a hands-on Director of Accounting (DoA) to join our Firm. This position is responsible for day-to-day financial and accounting administration, financial reporting, and maintaining records pertaining to financial obligations of the firm. The DoA is also responsible for the accuracy, reliability and integrity of the firm’s general ledger, accounting practices and financial data. Some specifics are:
- Oversee operational accounting areas including billing, cash receipts processing, accounts receivable collections, accounts payable, bank account reconciliation including client trust accounts, and general ledger management.
- Handle payroll processing for all U.S. offices
- Provide financial projections (i.e., budget/forecast preparation).
- Prepare and publish daily, weekly, and monthly financial information.
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly and annual close.
- Maintain sufficient funds by forecasting cash requirements and obligations.
- Conduct regular financial analysis of Firm’s performance and practice profitability.
- Develop and implement financial and operational accounting processes to ensure proper risk control.
- Design, review, implement, and manage new accounting policies, when necessary.
- Conduct special accounting research and recommend solutions when appropriate.
- Collaborate with outside accounting firm, bank representatives, auditors, governmental agencies, and other external parties regarding financial data.
- Train, coach, monitor, and review accounting team members.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- 7-10 years’ experience in all aspects of law firm accounting, with emphasis on service partnership and financial reporting and analysis experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA a plus.
- Experience with multi-state taxation.
- Experience with Juris or other legal accounting software strongly preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word. Advanced skill in Excel. Familiarity with other Microsoft Office Suite programs and iManage.
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Proven communication skills both in writing and speaking and with all levels of personnel in an organization.
- Understanding of information technology systems and interfaces with financial and accounting systems.
Competitive salary and benefits package: medical/dental/vision insurances, 40l(k) retirement plan, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, paid firm holidays, along with a professional working environment. For immediate consideration, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.