Daniel Tyler concentrates his practice in complex commercial litigation and insurance coverage matters. With extensive experience successfully representing clients in state, federal and appellate courts, multi-district litigation as well as class-action suits, he manages cases involving insurance defense, insurance and indemnity litigation, professional negligence and malpractice, toxic torts, breach of contract, real estate matters, director and officer disputes, construction disputes, business divorce and associated employment issues. Dan also has significant experience defending clients against consumer fraud claims as well as trademark, trade dress, and trade secret defense.
He serves a diverse range of businesses across industries such as construction, architecture, development, finance, medical and legal professionals, construction materials, and the consumer products space.
Prior to joining the firm, Daniel worked as an associate in prominent law firms based in Boston and Chicago, representing clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Daniel is a member of the American Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association.
Daniel earned his J.D. from Suffolk University Law School in 2013 after completing his B.A. in History from Colgate University in 2004.
While in law school, Daniel served as a legal intern and investigator for the Massachusetts Office of the Bar Counsel where he assisted with litigation related to real estate, tax, child custody, bankruptcy and estate planning matters. He was honored to serve on the Moot Court Honor Board and was named the editor-in-chief of the Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy.
Daniel is admitted to practice law in Illinois, Massachusetts and the U.S. District Courts for the Northern District of Illinois and the District of Massachusetts.
Publications & Presentations
- “Constitutional Law—7th Circuit Denies Sovereign Immunity Defense to Counterclaims from Appealing State Agency—Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System v. Phoenix International Software, Inc., 653 F.3d 448 (7th Cir. 2011),” 17 Suffolk Journal of Trial & Appellate Advocacy 442, 2012
- In re: Juul Labs, Inc. Marketing, Sales Practices & Products Liability Litigation, 3:19-md-2913-WHO (N.D. Cal. 2022)
- Sibrian v. Cento Fine Foods, Inc., No. 19-CV-0974 (E.D. N.Y. 2020)
- Snarr v. Cento Fine Foods Inc., No. 19-CV-02627-HSG (N.D. Cal. 2019)
- Adler v. Cento Fine Foods Inc., No. GLO-L-001303-18 (Sup. Ct. of New Jersey, 2019)
- Hoffman v. King Bio, No. BER-L-02981-17 (Sup. Ct. of New Jersey, 2017)