Matthew Reddy concentrates his practice on medical malpractice with thorough experience in civil litigation matters.
Matthew’s extensive trial experience allows him to view cases from all angles and develop strong defenses early on while keeping his client’s best interests top of mind. He has successfully tried dozens of cases to verdict resulting in millions of dollars saved for clients in requested damages.
Prior to joining Foran Glennon, Matthew practiced at a prominent litigation firm in Chicago where he exercised his broad litigation experience in medical negligence and healthcare, premise and general liability, product liability and municipal defense.
Matthew is a member of the Chicago Bar Association and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
Matthew mentors young men in the juvenile justice system.
Honors & Recognitions
From 2018 through 2020, Matthew was selected to the Illinois Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers and recognized as an Emerging Lawyer by Leading Lawyers from 2017 to 2019.
More information on awards and rankings can be found here.
Matthew earned his J.D. from Boston University School of Law in 2010 after receiving his B.A. in Political Science and Psychology from the University of Michigan in 2007.
Matthew is authorized to practice in Illinois and the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Publications & Presentations
- “Medical bills should not be excepted from proper foundation,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2021
- “New version of IPI 30.06 presents problems,” Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, 2021
- “An Uncomfortable Truth: Attacking Inflated Medical Specials,” IDC Quarterly, 2020
- “The Collateral Source Rule- How to Avoid a Windfall for Plaintiffs-PLDF,” PLDF Quarterly, 2019
- “Re-Accommodating with Extreme Prejudice: What Can We Learn from the United 3411 Incident,” DRI, 2017
- “An Outside Bet: Reduction in the Amount of Recovery in Medical Malpractice Cases,” IDC Quarterly, 2017
- “Dragged into the Future: Modernizing the Legal Profession through E-Filing,” IDC Quarterly, 2016
- “Clarity from Chaos Regarding Introduction of Medical Bills at Trial,” IDC Defense Update: Civil Practice, 2017
- “Best Laid Plans: The Continued Uncertainty in the Admissibility of Medical Bills,” IDC Quarterly, 2015
- “An Equal and Opposite Reaction: The Expanding Application of the Absolute Attorney Litigation Privilege,” IDC Quarterly, 2015